Easter is just a couple of days away and what better way to start our Spring Break off with making Rice Krispies Marshmallow Eggs. I found a recipe online a few days ago and thought it would be a great activity for the kids and I to do. It’s simple yet messy and the children enjoyed getting their hands messy. The recipe we followed was really easy to follow with ingredients you can easily find at a grocery store or even at a Walgreen’s Pharmacy or CVS. I got all of the ingredients ready before I had the kids come into the kitchen. I am one to prep so it does not get chaotic in the kitchen. I lay parchment paper on the dinning table. This process helped a lot. I wanted to avoid as much stickiness as I could. This is one great tip I highly recommend if you are making this recipe with little children. We used Plastic Easter eggs to form our egg, I found out about this trick by watching the Pioneer Woman. If you do not have plastic eggs in you home you can just use your hands to form an egg shape. What you will need to make this recipe is Rice Krispy Cereal, Marshmallows, Butter, Vanilla Extract and Food Coloring dye. Optional is the Plastic Easter Eggs.
- Melt 3 Tablespoons Butter in a Pan.
- Add 3 Cups of Mini Marshmallow and stir until all the marshmallows are melted.
- Add food coloring and mix.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extraction to Mixture.
- Add 3 Cups of Rice Krispy Cereal and mix until they are covered with the marshmallow mixture.
- Allow the Rice Krispy Mixture to Cool slightly.
- Spray the Plastic Easter Eggs with Cooking Spray.
- Use a spoon to pour mixture into the Plastic Easter Eggs to mold it.
- Remove the treats out from the egg
- Place treats onto a lined parchment paper pan.
- refrigerate to allow Rice Krispies to stay in form.
Enjoy this sweet treat with your family and friends. Great to bring to an Easter Gathering.